The new ATEM Mini Pro makes it easy to create professional multi camera productions for live streaming to YouTube or live mixing events with 4 or fewer cameras with its build in streaming capability. Connect to an HDMI TV for multiview and to a Laptop for extra switching capabilities.
ATEM Mini Pro features 4 HDMI inputs and has an intuitive, easy to use design that makes it possible for anyone to live stream multi camera productions online via services and software such as YouTube Facebook Live or even Skype. Simply connect 4 high quality HDMI inputs that can be used for live switching cameras, computers or even game consoles. There is a built-in DVE for picture in picture effects, broadcast quality transitions, upstream keyers for removing blue and green screen background, a downstream keyer for superimposing custom graphics, audio inputs a mixer, and more. There's also HDMI video out for projectors. See all the features here at the Blackmagic Website.
The Pro model also offers the following features:
- Direct recording to USB flash disks in H.264
- Direct streaming via Ethernet to YouTube Live, Facebook Live and other networks
- Multiview with 4 cameras, media, preview and program plus status of recording, streaming and audio
- Can act as a webcam over USB-C for direct streaming from your laptop software
Self Contained Broadcast Quality Switcher
ATEM Mini Pro features a compact control panel based design with all video, audio and control connections on the rear panel. The front panel includes easy to use buttons for selecting sources, adjusting audio inputs, as well as selecting video effects and transitions. The rear panel includes HDMI inputs for connecting cameras or computers, plus additional microphone inputs. The ATEM Mini Pro program is output via an HDMI video out as well as a USB for webcam output. The front panel buttons are large and easy to use by feel, so it’s even possible to use the switcher while presenting. You also get audio mixer buttons for live audio mixing. The fade to black button "FTB" lets you fade down at the end of your program.
Connect upto 4 Independent Cameras
With 4 independent HDMI inputs, you can connect up to 4 high quality consumer video cameras. Video cameras with HDMI outputs are dramatically better quality than simple webcam cameras as they use higher quality lenses plus have much better low light sensitivity. All connected sources will re‑sync to the switcher if they operate at different video standards, which means all inputs just work and you can handle unknown equipment if you are visiting new venues or locations.Because cameras with HDMI often support interchangeable lenses, you can change to wide angles lenses for wide shots and zoom lenses for closeups. Imagine using the low light capability of professional cameras for theater production and music videos.
Add Exciting Video Effects
One of the benefits of ATEM Mini Pro is the professional production values that are possible using the range of built in video effects. The cut button ensures an instant cut when switching between sources. The auto button is a professional term that's used on large broadcast switchers to enable video effects transitions. There are also duration buttons for video effects allowing 0.5, 1, 1.5 and 2 second settings. You can also select the type of effect you want including fade which does a smooth transition between sources and dip which fades via a colour during the transition. Or use fun DVE effects that move the image off screen when transitioning between sources.
Export to video recorders
The HDMI program output is perfect for connecting ATEM Mini into an external recorder or monitor. supports recorders such as the HyperDeck Studio Mini and Blackmagic Video Assist. You get a high quality output with switcher program video, plus live audio from the internal audio mixer. The HDMI output can even be connected to video projectors in large venues.
Secret Broadcast Features Built In
ATEM Mini has an easy to use front panel, however it's also hiding very powerful broadcast features, allowing a true broadcast production workflow. If you are interested in a career in the television industry, then ATEM Mini is perfect for training as it has the same features as switchers in high end broadcast studios. You get a full ATEM Advanced Chroma Key, a Fairlight audio mixer, full DVE, still store for graphics and much more. Simply run the free ATEM Software Control app on Mac or Windows while connecting via USB or Ethernet to access the extended features of the ATEM Mini. With a little experimentation you can learn how to produce broadcast quality live production. Only ATEM Mini is a true broadcast switcher hidden in a tiny and affordable design.
Professional Broadcast Transitions
ATEM Mini includes a wide range of broadcast quality HD native transitions such as mix, dip, wipe and more. All transitions can be customised by adjusting parameters such as duration, border colour, border width, position and direction. You can also use the DVE in transitions, allowing a graphic to be moved over the wipe edge which is called a graphic wipe, and is used in sports programming. To eliminate errors, ATEM Mini has a preview transition feature so you can check your transitions before putting them to air.
Includes New ATEM Advanced Chroma Key
For news or on-set presentation work, ATEM Mini is the perfect choice as it features an ATEM Advanced Chroma Key for high quality chroma or luminance keying, plus an additional downstream linear keyer. The chroma keyer is incredibly powerful and features a colour picker to sample background colours for automatic generation of the key parameters. You get precise controls for edge and flare, and there is even a foreground colour corrector so you can match the "look" of the foreground layer to the background layer making seamless compositions possible. The keyer can also be used for pattern and DVE keying allowing incredible versatility. You can even use it for title overlays simply by using PowerPoint or other software with a green or blue background and the keyer will knock out the green and make the background transparent.
HDMI Input FormatsYou get 4 independent HDMI inputs, with each input featuring its own dedicated up and cross converter. That means ATEM Mini will automatically convert 1080p, 1080i and 720p sources to the video standard of the switcher. By default the switcher will set its video standard automatically, however you can also change the switcher to a specific video standard, to ensure compliance with local broadcast standards. The HDMI output is a true "aux" output so you can clean switch each of the 4 HDMI inputs or the program feed to this output. You can even "direct" switch input 1 to the HDMI output for low latency for eSport. If you select broadcast style mix effects switching, you can also output a preview feed, allowing verification of the source before transitioning to it.
- Total Video Inputs: 4
- Total Outputs: 2
- Total Aux Outputs: 1
- Total Audio Inputs: 2 x 3.5mm stereo mini jack.
- Timecode Connection: None
- HDMI Video Inputs: 4 x HDMI type A, 10-bit HD switchable. 2 channel embedded audio.
- Video Input Re-Sync: On all 4 HDMI inputs.
- Frame rate and format convertors: On all 4 HDMI inputs.
- HDMI Program Outputs: 1
- Computer Outputs: 1 x USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1.
- HD Video Input Standards: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60; 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60; 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- HD Video Output Standards: 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60
- Ultra HD Video Standards: None
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2 YUV
- Color Precision: 10-bit
- Color Space: Rec 709
- HDMI Input Resolutions from Computers: 1280 x 720p 50Hz, 59.94Hz and 60Hz; 1920 x 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97,30, 50, 59.94 and 60Hz; 1920 x1080i 50 and 59.94Hz 60Hz
- Colorspace Conversion: Hardware based real time.
- Audio Mixer: 6 input x 2 channel mixer. Selectable On/Off/Audio-Follow-Video per channel plus separate gain control per channel. Level and Peak metering. Plus new Fairlight audio enhancements: Compressor, Gate, Limiter, 6 bands of parametric EQ. Master gain control.
- Upstream Keyers: 1
- Downstream Keyers: 1
- Advanced Chroma Keyers: 1
- Linear/Luma Keyers: 2
- Transition Keyer: DVE only.
- Total Number of Layers: 4
- Pattern Generators: 1
- Color Generators: 2
- DVE with Borders and Drop Shadow: 1
- Interface: Minimum monitor resolution of 1366 x 768.
- ATEM Mini Pro supports direct live streaming over ethernet using Real Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP).
- Direct Recording: 1 x USB-C 3.1 Gen 1 expansion port for external media to direct record a .mp4 H.264 with AAC audio at the ATEM video standard.
- Media Format: Supports media formatted ExFAT (Windows/Mac) or HFS+ (Mac) file system.
- Multi View Monitoring
- 1 x 10 Views including left right configurable Program/Preview, 4 HDMI inputs, Media Player, Streaming Status, Recording Status and Audio Meters.
- Multi View Video Standard: HD
- Media Players: 1
- Channels: Fill and key for each Media Player.
- Media Pool Still Image Capacity: 20 with fill and key.
- Media Pool Still Image Format: PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG and TIFF.
- Control Panel: Built in control panel. Software control panel included. Supports optional hardware panel.
- Control Panel Connection: Ethernet supports 10/100 BaseT. Allows direct connection between panel and chassis, or via network. Also used for updating the software. ATEM Mini supports direct USB-C connection.
- Control Panel Compatibilty: Includes ATEM Software Control Panel. Also compatible with ATEM 1 M/E Advanced Panel and ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Panel.
- Control Panel Included: ATEM Software Control Panel included free for Mac 10.13 High Sierra, Mac 10.14 Mojave or later and Windows 10.