Our popular Redrock microRemote follow focus unit has just received a new firmware update which adds some new features.
The new 4.0 software adds the following features:
- Save Lens Calibration: microRemote remembers which lens you’re using after a power loss. Swap batteries without having to recalibrate.
- Calibrate lens with Hand unit: Auto-calibrate your lenses from the hand unit. Manually set your lens end points using hand unit or fingerwheel.
- 50% increase in calibration torque: Increased calibration torque enables microRemote to work with a wider range of lenses.
- Artistry Focus Assist: Intelligently smooths focus movements and feathers end points while still leaving you in control.
- Increased Resolution: 4x increase in resolution for spot-on repeatable witness marks, and a silky smooth professional feel.
We have also added a few new accessories for the microRemote, including:
- Flex cables - ideally suited for use on a gimbal where the older, stiff cables would restrict the gimbal movement
- Universal fingerwheel - with the same features as the original, but with a Collins clamp mount allowing for near-endless mounting possibilities
Coming soon we will also have a new powering option, allowing you to power the unit using LP-E6 Canon batteries - ideal for lighter rigs