The Metabones Canon EF Lens to Sony E Mount T Smart Adapter is designed to allow the mounting of Canon EF mount lenses onto the Sony a7S II and other Sony alpha series DSLR cameras.
The adapter provides aperture control and auto-focus abilities when using EF mounted lenses.
- Phase-detect autofocus support on A7RII.
- Supports 5-axis in-body image stabilization of A7II and A7RII,
- Powered by camera body. No external power source required.
- Aperture control from camera body.
- Wide open button (opposite of depth-of-field preview function) makes manual focusing easy and assignable to a custom function on A7 series.
- High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply.
- Supports image stabilization (IS) lenses.
- Supports electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50/1.0L)
- EXIF support (focal length, aperture, zoom range)
- Distance and zoom display on VG and FS series camcorders (lens with distance information support required).
- Auto magnify (lens with distance information support required)
- Auto "APS-C Size Capture" on full-frame cameras with Canon EF-S lenses and many third party DX lenses.
- Fits both EF and EF-S lenses. (Vignetting at corners may occur for certain EF-S lenses because they are designed to cover a 1.6x crop image circle but Sony NEX has a 1.5x crop sensor.)
Switching between modes
The Metabones EF-E Smart Adapter IV has two different operation modes. Each mode supports a different set of features. You select the operation mode when you mount the lens. The following list summarize the differences between the two operation modes.
Choose the other operation mode by first turning on the power of your Sony NEX camera and either
attach the Metabones Smart Adapter onto the Sony NEX camera body first, and then while depressing the Wide-Open/Custom Function (WO/CF) button of the Smart Adapter, attach the Canon EF mount lens onto the Smart Adapter, or
attach the Canon EF mount lens onto the Metabones Smart Adapter first, and then while depressing the Wide-Open/Custom Function (WO/CF) button of the Smart Adapter, attach the Smart Adapter onto the Sony NEX camera body.
- Fast phase-detect autofocus (A7II, A7RII and A6300 only); slow contrast-detect autofocus on other cameras
- AF-C on A7II, A7RII and A6300 only; video AF is always slow contrast-detect
- Stop down when you fire the shutter
- Assignable function button for A7 series; No DOF preview on other cameras
- Lower power consumption
- Fast contrast-detect autofocus (all cameras)
- DMF (Direct Manual Focus)
- Continuous autofocus (AF-C and video; may have unsatisfactory performance)
- Auto magnify manual focus assist
- Zoom position (W-T) indicator (requires camera support)
- Distance display (requires lens support; A7 series and A6300 only)
- Stop down as you turn the aperture dial (if "LiveView Display" is configured to "Setting Effect ON")
- Always DOF preview; override with wide-open button of the adapter
- Higher power consumption