Now available for hire, we have the DJI Ronin RS2 camera gimbal.
A massive step-up from the original Ronin-S, the RS2 can support a camera payload of up to 4.5kg, can carry out timelapse and repeat movements using the app and can stream wireless video up to 200m away.
As well as the gimbal itself, our kit contains the wireless video sender (Raveneye) and a focus motor to use with your lenses
- Weight and Payload: Monocoque carbon fiber construction offers a 1kg (2.3lbs) gimbal with 4.5kg (10lbs) tested payload
- LCD Touchscreen: Full-Colour Touchscreen allows you to quickly adjust parameters and access Ronin app features.
- Focus System: A built-in front dial above the trigger allows for single handed focus control. It also complements a mounted Focus Wheel for two-channel focus and zoom control, right from the handle.
- The 3D Focus System uses ToF sensors to measure the distance between lens and subject for a sharp picture, even in low lighting. This advanced system enables fast autofocusing on manual, large-aperture lenses.
- Wi-Fi Image Transmitter: RavenEye transmits video while giving you remote control of camera parameters. Transmits 1080p video from up to 200 m (656 ft) away with a latency of just 60 ms.
- With ActiveTrack built in, DJI RS 2 uses the source signal from the camera to track your subject.
- Battery: The BG30 grip has a max runtime of 12 hours. Fast charging enables two hours of runtime with just a 15min charge.
- Creative Functions: Combine Roll 360 with hyperlapse to twist the fabric of space and time. With a steady pan from the gimbal, create gigapixel panoramas from your camera. Capture the passage of time with a steady frame. Create a repeatable camera movement path for a tightly choreographed shot.
- Accessory Connections
- RSA/NATO ports
- 1/4"-20 mounting hole
- Cold shoe mount
- Video transmission/follow focus motor port (USB-C)
- RSS camera control port (USB-C)
- Follow focus motor port (USB-C)
- Model: BG30-1950mAh-15.4V
- Type: LiPo 4S
- Capacity: 1950 mAh
- Power: 30.03 Wh
- Max. Battery Life: 12 h
- Charging Time: 1.5 h (24W USB adapter using the QC 2.0 or PD protocol)
- Working Performance
- Tested Payload 4.5 kg (10.0 lbs)
- Maximum Controlled Rotation Speed Pan: 360°/s
- Tilt: 360°/s
- Roll: 360°/s
- Mechanical Endpoint Range Pan axis control: 360° continuous rotation
- Roll axis control: -95° to +240°
- Tilt axis control: -112° to +214°
- Mechanical & Electrical Characteristics
- Operating Frequency 2.4000 GHz - 2.4835 GHz
- Transmission Power <8 dBm
- Operating Temperature -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Weight Gimbal: Approx. 960 g (2.12 lbs) (excluding the Quick-Release Plates and Camera Mounting Plate)