The Light Dome II from Aputure is an upgraded light shaping tool for the LS C300d 2k LED light and also for the Aputure C120d light range. Designed as a deep parabolic soft box producing both soft wrap around light and specular glow, the Light Dome is a versatile light shaping tool for a wide variety of applications.
Although it's the same size as the original light dome, the new model features a new easy set-up feature, removable gel holder and a secondary, thicker front diffuser.
- Full silver coating intensifies output strength for more control over light source
- Deep dome design(24” deep) ensures tighter, more focused beam
- Unique dual diffuser design ensures even distribution of the light across the entire field
- Large 34.8” outer diffuser increases size of beam which makes a softer and more flattering light
- Smooth round-shaped hexadecagon light output for beautiful catchlight
- Bundled with 2 different thickness of outer diffuser fabric to allow user control different softness (by 1.5 stop and 2.5 stop brightness)
- Re-designed 16 rods of wear-resistant hadfield steel construction for one-person fast setup
- Bundled with honeycomb grid add-on help control light spill spread by 40 degrees
- Bundled with a gel holder for filmmaker to design light colours.
With a highly reflective fabric, the body of the Light Dome II will stand up to being tossed, grabbed and thrown around for years to come. The double diffusers have been specially designed to produce very soft light and wrap around the subject while the inner diffuser eliminates any unattractive cross lines that are often created by fabric-based diffusion.
Symmetry, reliability and precision characterize the Light Dome II from Aputure. Using a 16 rod Hexadecagon structure creates a precise circular round light as well as an appealing catch light in the eyes of on camera talent.
The mk II introduces an easy set-up system. Instead of inserting all 16 rods into holes on the speedring, they are attached on hinges, Simply pull them into place and they will click in. To release them just take the strain and press the lever and they will fold back down
Deep Box Design
The Light Dome II has a 883mm wide (34.8'') and 610mm deep (24''), which means it is able to produces a large size light source to create an extremely voluminous soft wrap around light.
If you require a smaller light dome for working in tight spaces, we also stock the Aputure Mini Dome
The Light Dome II comes with 2 different thickness of outer diffuser fabric - offering greater flexibility on set. The 2 diffusers offer either 1.5 stop and 2.5 stop brightness diffusion.
Removable gel holder
The Light Dome II comes with 2 a removable metal gel holder, which clips to the inside of the speedring. This removes the need for attaching huge pieces of gel to the outside of the diffuser. The gel holder only requires a circular piece of gel cut to 185mm (7.25")
It is also compatible with a wide variety of Bowen-S mount lighting systems from some "hot lights", strobes to continuous lights and even other LEDs accepting Bowen-S speed rings.
Included in the kit:
- Light Dome II with built-in speedring
- 2x front diffuser panels
- 1x internal baffle
- 1x gel holder
- 1x eggcrate
- 1x carry bag