The NTG-2 provides a balanced low impedance output stage and operates either from an internal 1.5 V battery (AA) or 48 V Phantom power supplied by your audio recorder. This mic has a wide bandwidth and controlled polar response coupled with low noise SMT electronics, making the NTG-2 the perfect choice for film, video engineering and voice-over work. The NTG-2 is extremely lightweight making it ideal for mounting directly to video cameras or on boom poles.
The mic comes with Rode foam windshield and can be complimented with a Rode deadcat and other audio accessories like a boom pole or shock mount.
- Broadcast sound quality.
- Rugged metal construction.
- Condenser microphone transducer.
- Weighing 161 grams approx. (5.17 oz.).
- Low noise circuitry.
- Low handling noise.
- The NTG-2 is designed to operate from standard P48 phantom power or a 1.5 V Alkaline Battery. The NTG-2 will operate between 44 V to 52 V applied with positive polarity to pin 2 and pin 3 via the output XLR connector.
Operation output impedance:
- The NTG-2 will operate satisfactorily into a load impedance as low as 1kohm. If a load below this is used, the output signal level will be reduced. The NTG-2’s output is balanced between pin 2 (hot) and pin 3 (cold). Pin 1 is ground.
||20 Hz ~ 20 kHz selectable HPF @ 80 Hz/12 dB octave
||131 dB (@ 1% THD into 1 kÙ)
|Signal to Noise Ratio
||76 dB (1 kHz rel. 1 Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)
||18 dB SPL (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
||Phantom Power or 1x 1.5 V alkaline battery
Sensitivity: -36 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB (at 1 kHz in free field into open circuit)
Dynamic range din iec 651: 113 dB (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
Power supply voltage: 1.5 V Alkaline Battery or P48 Phantom