How To Hire From Maniac Films
Hiring kit from us can be easy! Just follow the steps in this handy guide below - use the website like a shopping cart and it will show you prices for the equipment hire and the shipping price without making an enquiry. if you need to make a tentative booking then please go ahead. If your stuck for time or having problems then just give us a call or email and we will help make your booking.
Find and add the kit you want to your kit list.
Use the site like a shopping cart system - when you add equipment to your kit list (cart) the shipping options and shipping prices will show up in the right hand column.
Select your rental dates, and submit your enquiry.
If you don't know your dates - that is fine - we can change these later. For more accurate prices please choose similar days of the week for your start and end dates.
Select a shipping option for pick up or next day delivery
Choose to pick up rental gear from us in North Devon if you need more advice or need to do camera tests, or choose next day delivery with a range of delivery options to suit you. See our shipping information for more details of the way we deliver using Interlink/DPD next day courier with one hour delivery window.
Sign in or create an account to give us your contact details
All our rental agreements, invoices, pricing and scheduling are performed by the website and so we need your email address, shipping address, billing address and telephone contact details to process your enquiry. We use your mobile number for SMS text notifications for delivery and pickups.
We will check availability of the equipment and get back you ASAP.
We will also advise you of any extra kit that may be required for your shoot (like cables or batteries etc). if we don't have what you need for your dates, we may be able to suggest alternative kit or source additional equipment for your shoot.
Send us proof of your ID and address.
If you are hiring from us for the first time, we ask to see proof of ID. This is a security measure to protect both ourselves and our customers. From private clients and non-limited companies we require 3 forms of ID. We also require 2x trade references for hire of any equipment with an insurance value higher than £1000. To speed up the process it is best to email us with your ID documentation as soon as possible.
Identification required if UK Resident:
- A valid UK driving license or passport. We cannot accept an expired driving license or passport or the old style paper license.
- 2 additional forms of ID to confirm delivery address. One must be the credit card or bank statement, ideally that of the account/card being used to pay for the hire. The other should be a formal document (eg. utilities bill) both must be dated within 12 weeks of date of hire. Both must show your billing/shipping address.
- If the shipping address differs from the billing address, we will also need a formal document showing the shipping address unless it is an established business address like a theatre or studio.
- We will need a landline telephone number for the shipping address.
Identification required if non UK Resident
- Passport (or national identity card if European citizen)
- Valid driving licence from country of residence (licence must show an English translation if not issued in Europe)
- 2 additional forms of ID to confirm billing address. One must be the credit card or bank statement, ideally that of the account/card being used to pay for the hire. The other should be a formal document (eg. utilities bill) both must be dated within 12 weeks of date of hire. Both must show your billing/shipping address.
- If the shipping address differs from the billing address, we will also need a formal document showing this address.
For limited companies: we will need a purchase order sent with your company address & registration number plus utility bills as proof of address.
Trade references: This can be a recommendation from another hire company, corporate client etc. We may need to be able to contact them to verify. For students, your university can be used as a reference.
Once we have your ID details on file it will be stored in our system to speed up any future rentals.
Send us your equipment insurance details.
As part of our rental policy we require that individuals & companies renting equipment, have adequate insurance to cover the value of the kit. This needs to be a specific all risks hired-in equipment insurance as part of your main insurance package and must cover the full shoot dates and cover the full equipment value. See our equipment insurance information for details of an online insurance broker who can provide an instant quote for your shoot dates.
Once we have your insurance details on file it will be stored in our system to speed up any future rentals for annual policy insurance.
We will send you a copy of the rental agreement to sign.
Please read and then sign the rental agreement and sent back to us (scan or photograph it). All rental equipment hire is bound by our standard terms and conditions.
Once all documents are received we can take payment.
Any deposits and hire payment can be made using credit or debit cards, however credit cards will incur an additional 3.5% + vat processing fee on top of the payment. Debit card payments have no additional fees. We are unable to accept payment by American Express or Diners Club cards.
We accept the following cards:
We will ship your equipment to be delivered on the day before your shoot.
We ship equipment to arrive the day before your shoot unless impossible due to late bookings or unless requested on a by 10am/by 12am delivery. Our courier will notify you of a one hour delivery window by email and text. Please see how this process works and more information about the equipment delivery and collection by our courier Interlink/DPD.
On the day after your shoot, our courier will collect the equipment.
You will receive a notification text and email for the collection day (possibly a one hour pickup slot in future) - see how the delivery and collection process works in more detail. We will supply address labels to you to be applied to the boxes (usually PDF by email that you need to print). Under certain circumstances you will not need any return labels but we will inform you of this in advance.
Please remove any old labels prior to collection to avoid delay and problems returning the equipment. Please use the supplied tie wraps to secure any Peli cases or zip bags prior to collection.